All the above are inclusive of VAT
A splendid 1/2 bedroom apartment with study/office/dressing room in the South Wing of a grade I listed building. The property is situated in a tranquil rural location surrounded by 20 acres of woodland and only five minutes from the A38. EPC not required as property Grade I listed. Fees Apply. Sorry no pets.
Plymouth 5 miles, A38 2.5 miles, Wembury Beach 5 miles
SITUATION AND DESCRIPTION
Brixton is set in the stunning South Hams countryside with Dartmoor National Park to the north east and the coastline to the south with its beautiful estuaries, cliffs and beaches. The city of Plymouth is a short distance to the west and Newton Ferrers, at the mouth of the river Yealm and noted for its sailing, is close by. The village itself has a number of amenities including a general store, Post Office/greengrocers, social club, restaurant and pub. There is also a primary school/community centre, garage, garden centre and church.
Forming part of Hareston House, South Wing is a secluded period property dating back to the 14th and 15th century. The property is set in a peaceful rural setting, surrounded by beautiful countryside providing a historic retreat. Also attached to the house is a 12th century chapel.
The ACCOMMODATION comprises:-
A cobbled pathway leading to the main entrance porch with lawns to either side and bounded by stone walls with shrub and flower borders. Granite arched entrance to:-
Flagstone flooring. Inner carved granite archway with solid oak door opening to:-
Original exposed ceiling beams. Oak panelling to one wall. Flagstone flooring. Carved granite archway with solid oak door opens into:-
OPEN PLAN LIVING AREA
A lovely character room. Three side windows to southerly aspect with exposed timber lintels, deep splayed display sills. Two further windows to front easterly aspect with granite bullions with leaded windows, splayed sill. Slate tiled flooring. The dining area has original stone built fireplace with timber lintel, stone hearth with oil stove. Night storage heater. Substantial central ceiling beam with original post.
Window to rear aspect with deep display sill. A range of floor based units, 1 wall based unit. Stainless steel sink, drainer, roll edge worksurface. Integrated electric cooker, separate hob. Washing machine.
From the cross passage. Solid oak door with steps up to:-
SITTING ROOM/ BEDROOM
A lovely room with dual aspect window to front, painted mullions with leaded window, window seat. Further window to side southerly aspect, deep display sill. Feature stone built working fireplace with stone hearth and stone lintel. Night storage heater. Access to roof space. Carved arch doorway to:-
DRESSING ROOM / STUDY / OFFICE
A well presented room currently being used a 2nd bedroom. Mullion window with leaded panes to front aspect. Part vaulted ceiling. Door with leaded fanlight above opening into:-
A very spacious bathroom. Vaulted ceiling with exposed roof timbers. Exposed timbers to one wall. Exposed and sealed pine floorboards. Ceiling spotlights. White suite comprising bath. Pedestal wash hand basin. Dual flush WC. Recessed marble shelf. Electric extractor fan. Night storage heater.
A small private walled garden. Storage. Timber gate giving access to surrounding grounds. Within the main house there is a Consecrated 13c Chapel that maybe used for prayer.
South Hams District Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Rd, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5NE. Tel. 01803 861 234
Currently Band A
Early July 2019
£800 pcm Water at £25pcm
Strictly by appointment only through Marchand Petit Lettings Department. Telephone 01548 855599.
Application fee: £150 per adult. Each guarantor: £48. Deposit: One and a half month's rent. Check out fee: £90.
Pets - if the landlord gives permission for pets to be kept at the property, an additional deposit from £250, will be requested according to the requirements of the landlord and the number and size of the pets being kept at the property.
Should you wish to make any alterations to the terms and conditions already agreed, including changing the tenancy commencement date, which will necessitate amended documentation to be provided, an administration charge of £60 will apply.
ENERGY EFFICIENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property, but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Marchand Petit, nor any of its employees, has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
3. The photographs show only certain parts and aspects of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only.
4. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any regulations or other consent has been obtained.
5. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective, and the descriptions contained herein are used in good faith as an opinion and not by way of statement of fact. If any points of particular importance need clarifying before viewing, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
94 Fore Street Kingsbridge Devon TQ7 1PP
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5:30pm
Saturday 9.00am to 4.00pm