Our success is based on our people - fabulous teams in six offices across the South West.
Working in some of the most beautiful areas in the country, we reward our employees for their hard work, passion and commitment - offering a range of staff benefits and development opportunities.
At Marchand Petit Estate Agents our most valuable asset is our people and we are always looking for exceptional members of staff - people who can help us deliver an unprecedented standard of customer service to our clients and customers, help in giving them total support and guiding them professionally and attentively through what can be one of the most important decisions of their lives.
Marchand Petit sells more of the South Hams than any other estate agent and we’d like you to join us.
Due to our ongoing success and plans for expansion, we’re looking for more of the ambitious and dedicated individuals who have helped make us the South Hams’ leading estate agent for more than 30 years.
Job Title: Sales Negotiator (Kingsbridge and Dartmouth)
As a Sales Negotiator at Marchand Petit, your primary responsibility is to provide exceptional support to buyers and vendors throughout the process of buying and selling houses. You will handle customer inquiries, register new applicants, arrange and conduct viewings, match vendors with buyers, negotiate offers, and ensure successful sales transactions. This role requires strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.
The following list provides a good indication of the duties required, however it is not exhaustive, and we reserve the right to make changes as appropriate.
1. Customer Engagement:
· Handle customer inquiries through phone calls and walk-ins, providing professional and helpful assistance.
· Gather relevant customer information and register new applicants into the database.
2. Viewings and Feedback:
· Arrange and conduct property viewings, ensuring properties are presented in their best light.
· Gather and relay feedback from viewers to vendors, maintaining clear communication.
3. Vendor and Buyer Matching:
· Utilize the company's software and personal knowledge to match vendors with suitable buyers.
· Send details of new properties to interested applicants, maximizing exposure and opportunities.
4. Valuations and Negotiations:
· Assist with property valuations as required, convincing prospective vendors to choose our agency.
· Negotiate and agree on prices and terms of sale, following up with necessary paperwork.
5. Sales Progression:
· Monitor the progress of property sales, proactively negotiating price changes with vendors when necessary.
· Liaise with relevant parties, such as mortgage brokers, solicitors, and surveyors, to ensure a smooth sales process.
6. Record Keeping and Documentation:
· Utilize company software to maintain accurate records and generate various documentation (e.g., sales letters, follow-up letters).
· Collaborate with the Admin Manager/Administrator to ensure accurate production of sales particulars.
7. Negotiation and Closing:
· Represent sellers in negotiations with prospective buyers, skillfully negotiating offers and closing sales.
· Facilitate the exchange of contracts and organize key handovers.
8. Marketing and Business Development:
· Work with the Marketing Manager to arrange property advertising and implement promotional strategies.
· Generate new business opportunities through networking, developing contacts, and promoting our agency.
9. Brand Ambassadorship:
· Act as a positive ambassador for the company, upholding its values and promoting it both during and outside of work.
10. Market Awareness:
· Stay updated on trends and changes in the local residential property market.
11. Problem Solving and Client Support:
· Take responsibility for addressing and resolving any issues or concerns raised by clients or buyers.
12. Miscellaneous Duties:
· Perform any other duties as required to contribute to the smooth operation of the agency.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience in a sales role, preferably in the real estate industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation abilities and a track record of successful sales transactions.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in record keeping and documentation.
- Knowledge of local property market trends and regulations.
- Proficient in relevant software and technology for property management and sales.
Join our team and play a vital role in supporting clients through the process of buying and selling houses. As a Sales Negotiator, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact, build lasting relationships, and contribute to the success of our agency.
Job Title: Lettings Negotiator (Kingsbridge)
The Letting Negotiator is responsible for the letting of properties, including conducting viewings, negotiating rents, and preparing tenancy agreements. The Senior Letting Negotiator must have an understanding of the lettings industry and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Conduct viewings of properties
- Negotiate rents with landlords and tenants
- Prepare tenancy agreements
- Prepare marketing material for properties
- Maintain customer relationships
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
- Should have a strong understanding of the lettings market and be able to identify and secure properties that are in high demand.
- The Letting Negotiator should be able to negotiate rents that are fair to both landlords and tenants.
- Should be able to prepare tenancy agreements that are legally sound and protect the interests of both landlords and tenants.
- The Letting Negotiator should be able to build and maintain relationships with landlords and tenants.
- The Letting Negotiator should be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- The Letting Negotiator should be able to stay up-to-date with changes in legislation and regulations.
To express an interest, please email a covering letter and CV to Paul Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org
We're also recruiting for a Saturday Sales Negotiator (Totnes & Salcombe) and a Trainee Estate Agent based in Dartmouth and the surrounding area.
In addition to the above roles, we're always keen to hear from exceptional salespeople both with and without industry experience. Knowledge of the South Hams area would be preferable and an impeccable approach to customer service is a must, as is a full driving licence and own vehicle. A passion for property would be ideal, but we can provide all the training you need to create an exciting career in an ever-growing industry, at a company with an unmatched reputation as the South Hams’ property experts.
In return, we can offer:
The beautiful South Hams as your office
Our strong and long-standing reputation as the South Hams' leading estate agent
Full support and training
All property marketing materials including National press coverage in the likes of the Sunday Times, Coast and Devon Life magazine
Property advert listings on all major sites
Six office locations across the South Hams
We move more of the South Hams than any other estate agent; join us in making the forthcoming years our most successful yet.