All the above are inclusive of VAT
A light and spacious maisonette in the centre of the village. Recently re-decorated throughout. Newly fitted kitchen and new carpets. Two double bedrooms. Unfurnished. Restrictions No Housing Benefit, Smokers or Pets. Energy Rating E. Fees Apply
Salcombe - 9 miles Modbury - 4 miles Kingsbridge - 4 miles (Distances Approximate)
SITUATION & DESCRIPTION
Aveton Gifford lies on the western bank of the River Avon, deep in the South Hams in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village is probably best known for its 15th Century bridge which was built to replace the ancient ford. Aveton Gifford is off the beaten track as the by-pass carries all major traffic and the old part of the village is a conservation area. There is a public house with a restaurant, church, nursery/primary school, village shop, it is on the bus route. The Georgian town of Modbury with an interesting variety of shops is to the north and Kingsbridge which has a more comprehensive shopping centre is to the south. To the east lies the Avon Estuary, known for its abundance of marine wild fowl, and which is navigable downstream to Bantham and out to sea when the tide permits. The nearest sandy beaches are Bigbury on Sea, Bantham and Burgh Island, surrounded by outstanding scenery and cliff tops of the South Hams coastline, much of which is now owned by the National Trust. Also nearby are the sailing centres based at Salcombe and Newton Ferrers, as well as 18 hole golf courses at Bigbury and Thurlestone. Dartmoor National Park is several miles to the north and provides a backdrop to the area which must surely rank as one of the most beautiful in the country.
The ACCOMMODATION comprises:-
Half glazed timber door with glazed side panel and window opening into:-
Door to built in storage cupboard housing electric meter and fuse box. NSH. Open walkway through to:-
Window to rear aspect. Built in storage cupboards. NSH.
With a range of newly fitted wall and floor based units. Stainless steel, drainer, roll edge work surface, tiled splashback. Freestanding electric cooker with extractor hood and light above with pine canopy. Ceiling spotlights. Vinyl flooring. Space and plumbing for washing machine, space for fridge freezer. The kitchen opens to the front entrance hall and enjoys the natural light from this area.
White suite comprising bath with Mira Zest electric shower above, bath shower screen. Pedestal wash hand basin. WC. Part tiled walls. Wall mounted mirror, light and shaver point above. Electric extractor fan. Vinyl flooring. NSH. Built in cupboard housing the factory insulated hot water cylinder.
A double bedroom. Ceiling spotlights. NSH. Opening through to dressing area with window to front. Sloping ceiling with roof light. NSH.
A double bedroom. Ceiling spotlights. NSH. Dressing area with window to front aspect, sloping ceiling with roof light. NSH.
Glazed pine door opening to dual aspect room with windows to side and front both with deep pine display sills. Feature mock fireplace with pine mantle, surround and pine hearth, fitted with a coal effect electric fire. NSH.
Mains electricity, water and drainage. Night storage heating.
South Hams District Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5NE. Tel: 01803 861234.
Curently Band B.
Very strictly by appointment only through Marchand Petit Lettings. Tel. 01548 855599
£600 per calendar month
Application fee: £150 per adult. Each guarantor: £48. Deposit: One and a half month's rent. Check out fee: £90.
Pets - if the landlord gives permission for pets to be kept at the property, an additional deposit from £250, will be requested according to the requirements of the landlord and the number and size of the pets being kept at the property.
Should you wish to make any alterations to the terms and conditions already agreed, including changing the tenancy commencement date, which will necessitate amended documentation to be provided, an administration charge of £60 will apply.
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property, but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Marchand Petit, nor any of its employees, has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
3. The photographs show only certain parts and aspects of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only.
4. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any regulations or other consent has been obtained.
5. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective, and the descriptions contained herein are used in good faith as an opinion and not by way of statement of fact. If any points of particular importance need clarifying before viewing, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
94 Fore Street Kingsbridge Devon TQ7 1PP
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5:30pm
Saturday 9.00am to 4.00pm