All the above are inclusive of VAT
A rare opportunity to live in an historic country house set in over 22 acres including use of the estates leisure facilities. One bedroom unfurnished first floor apartment with views over the grounds. Sorry no housing benefit, smokers or pets. Fees Apply. Energy Rating E.
Dartmouth 7 miles, Totnes 10 miles, Kingsbridge 8 miles
SITUATION AND DESCRIPTION
The nearby village of Blackawton has a strong community with a highly regarded primary school, community shop, a church and one public houses. Dartmouth, is the closest larger town, providing a more extensive range of facilities and lying at the mouth of the river Dart, a spectacular estuary famous as a sailing centre and home to Britannia Naval College. Nearby is the medieval town of Totnes and the estuary town of Kingsbridge, with the A38 Devon Expressway about 15 miles away.
The property itself has an impressive history. In 1944 it became the headquarters of General Eisenhower during rehearsals in Start Bay for the D-day landings. It was the venue for a famous planning meeting between Eisenhower, Churchill, De Gaulle and Montgomery.
Approach via sweeping driveway. The entrance to the apartment is through the main door into the hall and stairs leading up to the front door, with obscure glazed window on the landing. Opens into the:
A range of floor and wall units in a light grey gloss with contrasting wood effect work top. Electric hob with electric oven under. Stainless steel splash back. Extractor fan. Stainless steel single drainer sink. Integrated fridge. Laminate wood effect flooring.
OPEN PLAN LIVING/DINING ROOM
Open plan living area with storage cupboard and coat rack. Vaulted ceiling with windows to both front and rear aspect overlooking the grounds. 'Picture window'. Wall fitted electric heater. Door leading to:
A good size double bedroom with window overlooking the courtyard. Velux skylight window. Built in wardrobe. Electric heater. Door to
Enclosed shower, wash hand basin, WC. Eaves storage. Built in storage cupboard. Wood effect laminate flooring. Feature opaque round window. Heated towel rail. Extractor fam.
Located through the courtyard gates, a door on the right accesses the laundry room. Comprising washing machine and tumble dryer, twin stainless steel sink and storage cupboard. No washing to be hung outside.
Sheplegh Court is located in a picturesque setting and set in 22 acres of tranquil gardens. There is bar-b-que area as well as a heated outdoor swimming pool, all weather tennis court, indoor heated plunge pool, sauna, full size snooker table and conservatory.
Allocated parking space and visitors parking area.
Mains water and electricity.
South Hams District Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5NE. Tel: 01803 861234.
Very strictly by appointment only through Marchand Petit (Lettings office). Tel 01548 855599.
Application fee: £150 per adult. Each guarantor: £48. Deposit: One and a half month's rent. Check out fee: £90.
Should you wish to make any alterations to the terms and conditions already agreed, including changing the tenancy commencement date, which will necessitate amended documentation to be provided, an administration charge of £60 will apply.
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property, but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Marchand Petit, nor any of its employees, has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
3. The photographs show only certain parts and aspects of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only.
4. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any regulations or other consent has been obtained.
5. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective, and the descriptions contained herein are used in good faith as an opinion and not by way of statement of fact. If any points of particular importance need clarifying before viewing, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
94 Fore Street Kingsbridge Devon TQ7 1PP
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5:30pm
Saturday 9.00am to 4.00pm